Last Updated: May 21, 2018
The information you provide is used to communicate with you, to process transactions, and to improve Mountain Mermaid Studios products and services. We do share your information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business and servicing customers and visitors, such as our email service provider and payment processing system, etc. These trusted third parties agree to keep this information confidential. Mountain Mermaid Studios respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it. Mountain Mermaid Studios does not share your personal information with unrelated third parties.
This policy describes the kinds of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies when we are in control of how data is collected, stored, and processed. Including information we collect:
- on our site: https://mountainmermaidstudios.com/
- via e-mail or other electronic messages between you and our Site
- via our email marketing service provider, MailChimp
- via our payment processors – EJunkie & Paypal
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may be linked to or be accessible from our Site
Read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
Our Site incorporates privacy controls affecting how we process your personal data. You can opt out of our email newsletter, request your personal information, request to update and change your personal information or request to delete your personal information.
What information we collect and how we use it
- Personally Identifying Information. When you sign up for our mailing list you are required to submit your name and email address. This mailing list data is shared with our email service provider, MailChimp.
- When you make a purchase we collect your name, company name (if applicable), address, email address, phone number(s) and credit card details. This data is shared with our third party transaction processor(s).
- Non-Personally Identifying Information.MountainMermaidStudios.com also collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, including IP address, browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
We collect this information using cookies and web beacons.
The purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use the Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- web beacons. Pages of our the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited pages, opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
Email Newsletter or Opt-in Information
When you sign up for our email newsletter, you voluntarily provide us your name and email address. We will process this information per your request to provide you the relevant information, updates, and newsletters.
When you comment on content on our Site, you voluntarily provide us your thoughts and feedback. We will process this information in order to post the comment as you’ve requested.
When you make a purchase through our website, you voluntarily provide us your name, company name (if applicable), address, email address, phone number(s) and credit card details.
We collect this information via Ejunkie and Paypal. This information is used to supply you with the product purchased and keep accurate records of your transaction.
We may process any personal information we have on you when required by a court order, legal obligation, court proceeding.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our site visitors (information that is not identifiable to you) without restriction.
We do not sell, rent, or share our email list containing your personal information to third parties.
However, we may disclose information that can be directly tied to you to:
contractors, service providers and other third parties that we reasonably use to support our business
fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
fulfill any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
process your payment, including refunds, complaints, queries with Ejunkie/Paypal only to the degree necessary
We may also disclose your personal information:
to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
to enforce or apply any agreements between us, including for billing and collection purposes.
if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others. For example, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Mountain Mermaid Studios does not knowingly collect personally-identifiable information from users of this Site who are under 18 years of age. No personally-identifiable information should be submitted on this Site by visitors under 18 years of age without the prior written consent of their parent or guardian. If you are an adult and have reason to believe that a minor under your supervision has, without your permission, provided his or her personal information to us, you may email us at lisa (at) mountainmermaidstudios (dot) com.
You may at any time request to no longer receive communications from Mountain Mermaid Studios. To have your personally identifying information deleted from Mountain Mermaid Studios’ records email us at lisa (at) mountainmermaidstudios (dot) com.
You may make any requests about your data by emailing us at lisa (at) mountainmermaidstudios (dot) com.